Installed in the lobby, the video wall welcomes guests, displays pricing to speed up ticket purchasing and promotes upcoming events.
STERLING, Va., September 25, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Grounds For Sculpture, a 42-acre sculpture park, museum, and arboretum located on the site of the former New Jersey State Fairgrounds, has implemented a 4-screen digital video wall that runs on the Mvix digital signage platform.
Founded by artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson in 1992, the nonprofit presents and conserves an exceptional collection of contemporary sculpture. With over 2 million annual guests, Grounds for Sculpture offers outstanding year-round programming for all ages as well as seasonally rotating exhibitions in six indoor galleries to over.
It's obvious to me that the cloud-based digital signage software really has lots of love and labor put into it. I think if everyone had Mvix they'd have an elegant and finessed system.
Keith Pyatt, Manager of Digital Media & Technology at Grounds For Sculpture
The Marketing and Guest Services teams at Grounds For Sculpture struggled to effectively promote upcoming events to on-site visitors and speed up ticket purchasing.
The needed a solution that would:
- communicate with their audiences in real time, to quickly bridge the gap between the online and on-site experience
- allow them to stay modern and match the artistic ambiance in elegance and style
- act as a “silent salesman” to give guests all the information they needed and speed up ticketing
- replace some of their marketing collateral to save costs and time e.g. brochures at the lobby
Essentially, the solution needed to be eye-catching yet easy to understand, in order to improve the on-site experience and first impression of the grounds.
Grounds For Sculpture installed a 4-screen video wall in the front lobby, powered by the Mvix digital signage software.
The Mvix platform offered:
- ease of use - the Guest Services staff are able to upload and schedule content at a moment’s notice due to the user-friendliness of the system
- advanced scheduling so the pricing and promotions could be customized and targeted for different days of the week, different exhibits and performances or different audiences
- remote management so the Manager of Digital Media & Technology can monitor the content and video wall infrastructure from anywhere
- content-rich features in order to display 4K images and videos, event listings, pricing and more across the 4 screens
Grounds For Sculpture has noticed:
- faster transaction times with increased ticket sales as visitors can easily find information on pricing and events on the video wall
- attendance and interest in upcoming events has increased as a result of high-quality promotions
- traditional marketing materials have been phased out in favor of the digital displays
“It’s obvious to me that the cloud-based digital signage software really has lots of love and labor put into it,” said Keith Pyatt, Manager of Digital Media & Technology at Grounds For Sculpture. “I think if everyone had Mvix they’d have an elegant and finessed system.”
“It’s always humbling to have our clients recognize and appreciate the passion we pour into our systems,” said Mike Kilian, Senior Director of Business Development at Mvix. “We’re proud that our video wall has opened up new avenues of communication for Grounds for Sculpture and their visitors.”
To read the detailed case study, download your free copy here. Check out a short video of the installation here.
Mvix is a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions. To date, the Mvix platform powers over 50,000 active screens for clients including Virginia Tech, NASA, Sodexo, Discovery Channel and the University of Washington. The use cases include employee communication, wayfinding, emergency messaging and customer communications.
For more information, call 703.382.1739 or visit www.mvixdigitalsignage.com.